- This event has passed.
CURE Concordia Fall Fee-Levy Opt-Out Period
September 25 @ 12:00 pm - October 6 @ 6:00 pm
All Concordia undergrads pay an 8-cents-per-credit fee-levy to CURE Concordia, allowing us to have a stable funding source, provide student jobs and volunteer opportunities and offer consistent support for community-driven research on campus. Upon payment of the fee, Concordia undergraduate students are automatic members of CURE Concordia. If you’re a Concordia undergrad student and you wish to relinquish your membership in CURE, including the right to participate in General Meetings and Board Elections, you can opt-out of the fee-levy during the prescribed period each semester.
The Fall 2017 Fee-Levy Opt-Out Period is Monday, September 25th – Friday, October 6th.
How to Opt Out
- E-mail us during the opt-out period to make an appointment to get a fee refund. You can reach us at info[at]cureconcordia.org.
- Come to our offices* at 1500 de Maisonneuve Ouest, suite #204 (corner Mackay).
- If you can’t come to our offices, just let us know and we can arrange to meet you elsewhere on campus in a location that works for you.
- Bring your student ID, as well as proof of how many credits you are taking. You can either print this off, or open up your student account on one of the free, public computers in our office.
- That’s it – we’ll give you your money back, in cash!
*Our offices are wheelchair accessible, with some stipulations. For detailed accessibility information, please see the website of our partner organization, QPIRG-Concordia, for detailed accessibility info.
There is an opt-out tabling fair on Wednesday September 27th, in the CSU lounge on the 7th floor of the Hall Building, from 11 am until 3 pm. Multiple fee-levy groups will be present at this tabling fair.
For the convenience of Loyola students there will also be a tabling fair at Loyola in The Hive on Tuesday, October 3rd, from 11am until 1pm.
For more information about fee-levy groups and opt-outs at Concordia, go to concordiacommunity.org
Examples of Refund Amounts
1 Fall semester course (3 credits) = $0.24
A full course load of 5 classes (15 credits) = $1.20
- September 25 @ 12:00 pm
- October 6 @ 6:00 pm
- CURE Concordia
204-1500 de Maisonneuve Ouest
Montreal, Quebec H3G 1N1 Canada + Google Map